Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ponte Vedra oceanfront home a Clyde Harris?

Earlier this week I remembered Clyde Harris, the "dean of Jacksonville residential architects," (in the words of fellow architect Richard Skinner) who passed away January 17.

I have compiled a list of currently available homes in modern architectural styles. 


The first I'd like to share with you is 347 Ponte Vedra Blvd, currently on the market for $2,700,000 . This home may in fact be a Clyde Harris design. The vintage is right and the home is quite similar to the one which I reminisced about in my earlier post.
The interior-courtyard pool is especially comparable to the one in the Clyde Harris-designed home where I spent so many happy days in childhood.


These homes have a great inherent charm and a purposeful design. They are not everyone's taste, however, and many buyers today tear them down to replace them with larger, more typical designs. For the right buyer who appreciates one and knows how to renovate it, these mid-century homes can be stunning show-pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment